General terms and conditions of sale
- Scope of application
- Reservation process
- Acknowledgement of receipt of the reservation
- Customer service
- Cancelation or modification by the customer
- Stay at the hotel
1. ACCOR SA operates the website, a hotel reservation site for the ACCOR Group.
2. The site enables users to reserve rooms in different hotels managed by the ACCOR Group.
3. The reservation can also be made via mobile services (mobile Internet sites and mobile applications).
4. Other services may be reserved atthrough ACCOR SA partners. The reservation is made directly between the customer and the ACCOR SA partners.
5. The customer confirms having received from ACCOR SA all the necessary information on the site.
6. Any reservation made via thewebsite or mobile services implies consultation and full and unreserved acceptance of these general terms and conditions and the sales conditions for the reserved rate.
7. The customer agrees to these general terms and conditions and the sales conditions for the reserved rate at the time of reservation; no reservation is possible without this agreement.
8. The customer has the option to save and edit these terms and conditions by using the standard functions of his browser or computer.
9. The site includes the following information:
- The legal notice enabling precise identification of ACCOR SA and stating its corporate name, the address where it operates, its email address, its telephone number, its registered office, its individual VAT identification number, the references related to its entry in the register of travel agents and other tour operators and, if different, the address of the establishment responsible for the offer
- The main features of the offered accommodation (hotel facilities may be viewed at the reservation stage according to the hotel selected)
- The supplementary services offered
- Payment methods
- The general terms and conditions of sale and the sales conditions for the reserved rate
- Validity of the offer and its price
- Minimum length of the proposed contract, if applicable
10. The customer, prior to ordering the services, declares that the reservation of these services is for personal use.
11. As the consumer, the customer has specific rights that in theory would be applied where the reserved services would not be for personal use.
12. All the information available atis shown in French as well as several other languages.
13. The customer confirms that he is fully able to legally commit to these terms and conditions.
The terms used in this document are defined as follows:
- « acknowledgement of receipt »:
- email sent by accorhotels.com to the customer summarizing the reservation made by the customer and confirming that accorhotels.com has received the reservation
- « reservation confirmation »:
- virtual document summarizing the services reserved online by the customer, and possibly stating the customer's bank card number in the context of a prepayment or guarantee. Accepting the reservation confirmation commits the customer contractually
- « customer »:
- individual acting on personal or professional interests but without relation to hotel activity
- « email »:
- any message, in text, voice, sound, or image format, sent by a public communication network and stored on a network server or in the workstation equipment of the recipient until it is retrieved by said recipient
- « reservation request »:
- request for a hotel room reservation submitted by the customer via mobile or Internet services
- « partners »:
- providers of services available at and in particular, tour operators, vehicle rental firms, train and plane ticket providers
- « online reservation »:
- reservation of hotel rooms by way of a virtual reservation form on the ACCOR SA website, available at .
- « service »:
- reservation of hotel rooms of which the main features are displayed at .
- "Mobile services":
- group of services and protocols making it possible to connect mobile terminals to the Internet, and enabling consultation and reservation of hotel services supplied by Accor SA.
- « website »:
- service operated by ACCOR SA on the Internet network, available at .
1. These terms and conditions define the rights and obligations of the parties under the scope of the remote reservation of services offered by ACCOR SA on its website,
2. They govern all the steps required for reservation and post-reservation between the contractual parties.
3. The customer confirms that he is aware of and has accepted these general terms and conditions of sale and the sales conditions for the reserved rate, which are available on thewebsite.
4. Scope of application
1. These general terms and conditions of sale apply to all reservations made online.
1. These terms and conditions of sale apply for the entire length of time that ACCOR SA services are available at.
2. ACCOR SA reserves the right, without notice or indemnity, to temporarily or permanently shut down the websiteor its online reservation pages.
3. ACCOR SA is not responsible for damages of any nature that may result from these changes and/or from the temporary unavailability or indeed permanent shutdown of all or part of the site or its associated services, such as the online reservation pages.
1. The customer selects the services presented on the website.
2. The customer confirms that he is aware of the nature, the purpose and the reservation terms of the services available on the website and that he has requested and obtained the necessary and/or supplementary information required to make the reservation in full knowledge of the facts.
3. Customers may reserve, on thewebsite, on an individual basis, a maximum number of three (3) rooms per reservation. For reservations concerning business groups, meetings, seminars etc., please visit the AccorhotelsPRO section of the website.
4. The customer is solely responsible for his choice of services and their suitability as to his needs, such that ACCOR SA shall not be held responsible in this aspect.
5. The reservation is deemed accepted by the customer at the end of the reservation process.
7. Reservation process
1. Reservations made by the customer take place by way of the virtual reservation form available online ator by a reservation request sent via mobile services.
2. The reservation is deemed to be created upon ACCOR's receipt of the reservation form or reservation request, or upon an online prepayment by bank card.
3. Prior to any reservation, the customer shall complete the information required in the reservation form or request.
4. The customer attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted.
5. The reservation process includes the following main steps:
- Step 1 : Finding a hotel and selecting a room and rate
- Step 2 : Selection, where applicable, of one or more supplementary services
- Step 3 : Checking the reservation details, the total price and the applicable sales conditions and making any necessary changes to the selection (room, rate, supplementary service), for online reservations only
- Step 4 : Obtaining the customer's details
- Step 5 : Consultation and acceptance of the general terms and conditions of sale and the sales conditions for the reserved rate
- Step 6 : Confirming the reservation (customer)
8. Acknowledgement of receipt of the reservation
1. The customer reservation is subject to an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
2. For online reservations, the emailed acknowledgment of receipt of the reservation summarizes the contract offer, the services reserved, the prices, the sales conditions related to the selected rate and accepted by the customer, information pertaining to after-sales service and commercial warranties, and the address of the hotel vendor's premises to which the customer should address any complaints.
9. Customer service
For any complaints relating to your Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Mercure, Novotel, Suite Novotel, ibis or ibis Styles hotel reservation, our customer service center is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 6:30pm (French time) at the following telephone numbers:
- Telephone: 01 61 61 98 30 from within France
- International telephone: +33 1 61 61 98 30
- Fax +33 (0)1 61 61 98 39
- Email : email@example.com
The postal address is:
Service Clientèle Réservation
6/8 rue du Bois Briard
91021 Courcouronnes – FRANCE
For all other hotel brands, please use the "contact" section.
10. Cancelation or modification by the customer
1. Customers are reminded, pursuant to Article L. 121-20-4 of the French Consumer Code, that they do not have the right of withdrawal stated in Article L. 121-20 of the French Consumer Code.
2. The sales conditions for the reserved rate specify the terms for canceling and/or changing the reservation.
3. Prepaid reservations cannot be changed or canceled. Sums paid in advance as a deposit will not be reimbursed. In this case, it will be stipulated in the sales conditions for the rate.
4. When the sales conditions for the reserved rate allow:
- The reservation can be canceled directly on the website in the "Review or cancel your reservation" section
- Changes to the reservation can be made directly with the hotel, whose telephone numbers are stated on the reservation confirmation sent by email.
5. In the event that the stay is interrupted, the agreed price will be paid in full. No reimbursement will be given for a prepaid reservation.
6. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the customer must vacate the room before 12 p.m. on the last day of the reservation. Failure to do soshall result in the customer being billed for an extra night.
11. Stay at the hotel
1. Pursuant to regulations in force in certain countries, customers may be asked to complete a police registration form on arrival at the hotel. For this purpose, customers will be asked to show proof of identity to confirm whether or not they need to complete the police registration form.
2. Some pets are welcome at certain hotels provided they are kept on a leash or in a cage in all common areas of the establishment (to check whether or not an establishment accepts pets, please see the hotel facility list at). For hygiene reasons, pets are not allowed in catering areas.
3. The customer agrees and undertakes to use the room responsibly. Any behavior contrary to good morals and public order will therefore result in the hotelier asking the customer to leave the establishment without any compensation and/or without any reimbursement if payment has already been made.
4. Some ACCOR SA hotels have Internal Regulations for customers. The customer accepts and agrees to abide by these regulations. In the event of failure by the customer to abide by one of the provisions of the Internal Regulations, the hotelier will be obliged to ask the customer to leave the establishment without any compensation and/or without any reimbursement if payment has already been made.
5. Some hotels offer either free or payable WIFI access, allowing customers to connect to the Internet. The Customer shall ensure that all digital resources provided by the Hotel are in no way used for the purposes of reproduction or representation, and that all works and materials protected by copyright or related rights, such as texts, images, photographs, musical and audiovisual works, software and video games, shall not be made available or communicated to the public without the express authorization of the copyright holders, as stated in Books I and II of the Intellectual Property Code where such authorization is required. The Customer agrees to adhere to the security policy of the Hotel's Internet provider, including the security measures under conditions of use, in order to prevent the illegal use of digital resources (or other names used in the company's IT Charter). The Customer shall also refrain from committing any act that could jeopardize the effectiveness of these measures. If the Customer does not adhere to the abovementioned obligations, this may be perceived as an infringement of copyright regulations (Article L.335-3 of the Intellectual Property Code), and is punishable by a fine of EUR 300,000 and three years' imprisonment.
1. ACCOR SA is obliged to guarantee conformity to services, under the conditions set forth in articles L. 212-1 and n. of the Consumer Code.
2. The customer shall receive a contractual guarantee applicable to the service.
1. The photographs shown on the website are for information purposes only. Although every effort is made to ensure that the photographs, graphic images and text used to illustrate the displayed hotels provide as accurate an impression as possible of the accommodation offered, variations may occur, in particular as a result of any change of furniture or renovation. Customers may not make any claim in this respect.
2. ACCOR SA shall not be held responsible for the non-fulfillment or inadequate fulfillment of the reservation in the event of a force majeure, actions of third parties, actions of the customer or of his partners, such as unavailability of the Internet network, no access to the website, external intrusion, computer viruses, or in the event of non-authorized prepayment from the bearer's bank.
3. ACCOR SA accepts no responsibility for any indirect damage as a result, in particular loss of earnings, actions of third parties, actions of the client or of his partners.
4. Hyperlinks may link to websites other than the ACCOR SA site. ACCOR SA accepts no responsibility for the content of these websites or the services featured on them.
5. Any reservation or payment that is irregular, ineffective, incomplete or fraudulent for any reason attributable to the customer will lead to cancellation of the order at the customer's expense, without prejudice to any civil or criminal action that may be brought against the customer.
1. Complaints relating to failure to execute or poor execution of hotel services must, under penalty of foreclosure, be made known to ACCOR SA in writing within 24 hours of arrival at the hotel, either directly to the hotel or to the Customer Service address indicated above.
2. ACCOR SA hotels are operated by companies that are legally separate from ACCOR SA and as a result they alone are responsible to customers for any damage. In the event of a dispute, customers must therefore contact only the company operating the hotel in which they stayed.
1. The prices pertaining to the reservation of services are indicated before and during reservation.
2. The prices shown are per room for the number of people and the date(s) specified.
3. The prices are confirmed with the client as a tax-inclusive amount in the hotel's commercial currency, which may sometimes differ from the hotel's local currency. These prices are only valid during the period stated on the website.
4. If payment to the hotel is made in a currency other than the currency confirmed on the reservation, the client will be liable for the conversion fees.
5. All reservations, regardless of their origin, are payable in the hotel's local currency unless specifically indicated otherwise at the hotel.
6. Unless specified otherwise, supplementary services (breakfast, half-board, full-board etc.) are not included in the price.
7. Tourist tax, specified for each rate, shall be paid locally directly to the hotel, with the exception of online prepayments where this amount may be included.
8. Prices take account of the VAT applicable on the day of the reservation and any change to the applicable VAT rate will be automatically reflected in the prices shown on the billing date.
9. Any change to or introduction of new legal or regulatory taxes imposed by the competent authorities will be automatically reflected in the prices shown on the billing date.
10. Foreign currency conversions are given as guidance only and are non-binding. Only the currency confirmed at reservation is guaranteed; if this currency is different from the one used at the hotel, the client will be liable for any conversion fees.
11. If a rate states that the payment is to be made upon arrival at or departure from your hotel, and that the customer's currency is not the same as that of the hotel, it is possible that the rate debited by the hotel will be different to that indicated during booking. This would take in account any exchange rate changes between the date the booking was made and the dates of the hotel stay.
12. ACCOR SA shall state the total order amount when the customer confirms the reservation.
13. Prices may be increased by different taxes depending on the city/country. The customer agrees to pay these different taxes, without any protest to ACCOR SA.
1. Customers shall provide their bank details as a guarantee of the reservation except for special conditions or rates, using a credit card or retail card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club etc. according to the selected hotel), indicating directly in the area provided for this purpose (secure entry by SSL encryption) the card number without spaces, its expiration date and the card security code as prepayment via the Ogone payment platform.
2. The payment is debited at the destination hotel, unless under special conditions or rates where the payment is made at reservation (online prepayment on certain rates). This prepayment is classified as a deposit. Where the rate is not prepaid online, the hotel can request from the client, upon arrival, a deposit or authorisation to debit the credit card. This allows the hotel to guarantee the payment of amounts relating to services used at the hotel.
3. The use of hotel checks, including those issued as part of the ACCOR SA group's hotel loyalty program, is limited to expenses settled directly at the hotel. These hotel checks may not under any circumstances be used to pay the total or partial cost of a hotel stay in advance or to guarantee a reservation.
4. In the event of a no-show (reservation that has not been canceled where the customer did not arrive) when the reservation is guaranteed by bank card, the cost of the first night will be debited as a fixed indemnity from the card specified by the customer in the reservation guarantee.
5. Accor SA has chosen OGONE (Payment Service Provider) to secure card payments online. The validity of the customer's payment card is verified by Ogone. Payment cards may be refused for a number of reasons: stolen or blocked card, credit limit reached, incorrect details entered. In the event of a problem, the customer shall contact his bank in the first instance, and the hotel in the second to confirm the reservation and payment method.
6. Should the customer wish to reserve multiple rooms but prepayment is only required for one of these rooms, for example, the payment card used on the Ogone platform enables the room in question to be prepaid while the specified payment card acts as a guarantee for the other rooms.
7. At the time of prepayment, the amount debited for the reservation includes: the price of the accommodation, taxes related to the accommodation, the price of catering if breakfast is selected, taxes related to catering and any other supplementary services selected by the customer (as mentioned in point 15.6).
8. In the case of a rate subject to prepayment online, the amount paid in advance, which is the deposit, is debited at the time of the reservation.
17. Privacy protection
1. The information requested from customers is necessary for processing reservations, managing their participation in the ACCOR group's hotel loyalty program, if applicable, and sending them information about ACCOR group products and services. This information will be sent to ACCOR SA, its subsidiaries, the online payment service provider and its hotels, which may be outside of the European Union, under pre-contractual measures for hotel reservations. ACCOR SA cannot register the reservation without this information.
3. If a customer has made a hotel booking throughand unless he has specified otherwise, ACCOR SA is authorized to send him, via email, the company newsletter, promotional offers and a customer satisfaction questionnaire after his hotel stay.
4. The customer has the right to oppose, without charge, the use of his personal data for canvassing purposes, in particular, those that are commercially-related. The customer may also unsubscribe from these communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of each commercial email.
5. The customer is hereby informed that all personal data collected shall undergo automated handling, for which ACCOR SA is responsible.
6. The handling of these data shall enable ACCOR SA to:
- fulfill its obligations to the customer
- inform the customer of special offers and any new services created by ACCOR SA.
7. On every personal data form, any obligatory or mandatory data is marked by an asterisk.
8. The customer authorizes ACCOR SA to communicate his personal data to third parties on the condition that such communication is deemed necessary to ACCOR SA carrying out its operations as stated in these terms and conditions.
9. In order to fulfill the hotel reservation contract, customer bank details must be transmitted to the hotel's bank using the payment service provider Ogone for online payments in particular. The customer is hereby informed that this data transfer may therefore be carried out in foreign countries that do not have adequate personal data protection in accordance with the French law on data processing and civil liberties. The customer, however, consents to this transfer in order for the contract to be fulfilled. Ogone has made a professional commitment to ACCOR SA to ensure that all possible security and confidentiality assurance measures are taken during the aforementioned data transfers.
18. Agreement on evidence
1. The specification of necessary bank details and the acceptance of these terms and conditions and the reservation form or reservation request constitute an electronic signature equivalent in value to a physical signature between the parties.
2. The computerized records retained in ACCOR's IT systems shall be retained under reasonable levels of security and considered as proof of communication, orders and payments between the parties.
3. The customer is hereby informed that his IP address is recorded at the time of reservation.
1. In the event of unavailability of the chosen hotel, or in a case of force majeure, the hotel reserves the possibility of fully or partially relocating the customer to an equivalent category hotel for the same type of services, with all costs involved in the transfer being payable by the chosen hotel, which cannot be asked for payment of any additional compensation.
20. Force majeure
1. ACCOR SA cannot be held liable with respect to the customer for failure to execute its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure. Cases of force majeure or unforeseen events are considered to be those habitually recognized by the case law of the French Law Courts.
21. Applicable law
1. These terms and conditions of sale are governed by French law.
2. Applicable to both substantive and procedural rules.
22. Entirety of agreement
1. These general terms and conditions of sale, the sales conditions for the rate reserved by the customer and the reservation form or request express the parties' obligations in their entirety.
2. These terms and conditions override all general or specific conditions communicated by the customer.
3. The documents constituting the contractual obligations between the parties are, in order of decreasing priority; the reservation form or request (covering the specific conditions of the reserved rate) and these terms and conditions.
4. In case of discrepancy between the reservation form and the terms and conditions, only the clauses of the reservation form shall apply for the obligation in question.
23. Development/modification of the general terms and conditions of online sale
1. ACCOR SA may change or add to these general terms and conditions of online sale at any time. In this case, the new version of the general terms and conditions of online sale will be published online by ACCOR SA. From the time it is published online, the new version of the general terms and conditions of online sale will apply automatically to all customers.
Please also see the supplementary sales conditions related to each rate, room type or service type, which are shown on the price list.